Ladies and gentlemen, gather 'round and brace yourselves for a gustatory experience that will redefine the very essence of chili dogs! Prepare to be astounded as we present the extraordinary creation known as the "Protein Packed Chili Dog." A culinary masterpiece that will tantalize your taste buds, thrill your senses, and leave you wondering why you ever settled for ordinary hotdogs.
Imagine a world where indulgence meets nutrition, where guilty pleasures transform into guilt-free delights. In this realm of culinary wizardry, we bring you the mighty low-fat turkey hotdogs, the star of our show. These lean, mean machines of deliciousness bring all the flavor and satisfaction of traditional hotdogs but with a healthy twist that will make your conscience sing with joy!
But that's not all, folks! Prepare to be blown away by the ground turkey breast, the unsung hero of this epic creation. This lean, protein-packed champion ensures that each bite of our chili dog is a guilt-free triumph. Say goodbye to greasy regrets and hello to a healthier version that doesn't skimp on taste or satisfaction.
Now, let's dive into the making of this extraordinary feast. Picture a sizzling grill, the aroma of perfectly cooked turkey hotdogs wafting through the air. As they sizzle and brown, their tantalizing scent will beckon you closer, enticing you to take a bite. The first explosion of flavors dances on your taste buds as the low-fat turkey hotdog reveals its smoky, savory goodness.
Servings 3 (1 serving = 2 hotdogs)
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
Calories 531 cal
Protein 55 g
Carbs 44 g
Fat 15 g
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 8 oz no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp salt pinch cinnamon, optional
- 6 low-fat turkey hotdogs
- 6 light hotdog rolls
- optional toppings: mustard, cheese, homemade slaw
- Combine all ingredients from ground turkey breast through cinnamon in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium or low, then let it simmer.
- While chili is simmering, place hotdogs on a heat grilled and cook until the desired temperature.
- Place hotdogs in buns once they have finished cooking.
- Evenly divide chili among 6 hotdogs.
- Add onion on top.