Effective Date: May 19, 2020
WHO is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data?
- What Personal Data Do We Collect and When?
- TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
- WHY AND HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- SHARING of Your Personal Data
- PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT of Your Personal Data
- COOKIES and Pixel Tags
- USING the DMoose Platform with Third-Party Products and Services
QUESTIONS and Feedback
WHO is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data?
What Personal Data Do We Collect and When?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Platform.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos, and videos;
- data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements or apparel size);
- fitness activity data provided by you or generated through our Platform (time, duration, distance, location, calorie count, pace/stride); or
- personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing preferences.
- movement data from your device’s accelerometer;
- photos, contacts and calendar information;
- sensor data, including heart rate and (GPS) location data; or
- social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about DMoose or your communications with us.
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information, and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, web beacons, tags, and interactions with our Platform.
KIDSWe do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Platform, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or to send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the Platform or using the standard permissions available on your device.In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Platform and the Services You RequestWhen you use our Platform, we will use your data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on DMoose.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event, or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
If you use our Platform to track your fitness activity or physical characteristics, we will collect this personal data and store it so that you can review it on the Platform. Your fitness activity data may include data you enter about your activity or data collected by your device during your activity such as location data and movement data. We may use this activity data to calculate further information about your activity, such as distance run, or calories burned so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the Platform.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Platform you may need to provide DMoose with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to use the heart rate tracking features of our Platform, you may need to connect to a heart rate monitoring device. Similarly, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional PurposesIf you are an existing customer of DMoose (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar DMoose products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other DMoose products or services - such as your use of DMoose Platform, your visits to or purchases made in DMoose stores, your participation in DMoose events and contests (possibly through other DMoose affiliates) - to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our Platforms that are associated with your account across devices.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products, and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits, and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Platform.
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Platform to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to DMoose.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
Use of Workout
As discussed above, DMoose collects data about your fitness activity or your physical characteristics, together, “Workout Info”, to provide certain services on our Platform. Because of the personal nature of this data, we strive to provide you with clear information about how Workout Info will be used. As this data may be considered sensitive in certain jurisdictions, we take appropriate measures in protecting and using this data and, where required by applicable law or under DMoose internal policies, will obtain your consent for use of your Workout Info.
Other PurposesWe may also use your data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
DMoose shares your data with:
- DMoose entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Service providers processing personal data (including the personal data noted in the "What Personal Information Do We Collect and When" section) for business purposes on DMoose behalf, for example, to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research, and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We do not sell your data.
Your SharingWhen you use certain social features on our Platform, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture, and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your DMoose activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing DMoose social sharing to control what information you make available through DMoose social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your data.
- Despite our efforts: no website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Retention of your data: We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless otherwise required or permitted by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your DMoose account, but, we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations.
- Managing your data: You may have the right to request: (i) access to your data (both the categories of data we collect, which is laid out in this policy and particular types); (ii) an electronic copy of your data; (iii) correction of your data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your data in certain circumstances as provided by applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for the exercise of these rights. If you request to delete your account, you can create a new account on our Platform at any time. If you have a request regarding your data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us. Contact details can be found in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
- Managing your content: You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Platform, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated before removal.
- Managing your notifications: If you have a DMoose account, you can opt-out of receiving DMoose marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings. Alternatively, you can opt-out by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the “Questions and Feedback” section below.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
DMoose collects information, which may include personal data when you use our Platform. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information, and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Platform such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Some advertising and technology partners may also collect personal data when you use our Platform. These partners have committed to act as service providers on DMoose behalf and have committed to only use your data for DMoose purposes as described in this policy.In some instances our Platforms allow you to log-in with or connect your DMoose account with a third-party social media or partner account. If you do so, your use of their technology within our Platform is subject to their terms and policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic Platform functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Platform within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Platform's functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember Platform preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow Platform performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Platform through social media. Advertising cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt-out of interest-based ads.
USING the DMoose Platform with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Platform allows you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Platform can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services, and other digital services.If you choose to connect your DMoose account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your DMoose activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Platform may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
You may also contact Consumer Services (1.833 366 6733) or our Privacy Office at 5700 Crooks Road, Troy, Michigan 48098 or send us an email at email@example.com
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed to resolve the issue in a timely and effective manner.