Main Target Muscles
Secondary Target Muscles
Target Muscle: Triceps
Tricep Dips Overview
Tricep dips are a strengthening exercise that keeps an isolated focus on your triceps. It increases your range of motion and builds strength in your entire upper body. The exercise is super effective for your shoulders and arms as well.
The strength-building workouts are effective in burning a significant number of calories, regardless of which version you do. Tricep dips may be done on the machine or using two sturdy chairs. To add more complexity to the workout, you can wear a weighted vest or dip belt to hang weights, making it an all-body exercise to reach your fitness goals.
How to Do It
- There are two techniques to this exercise, one focuses on your triceps while the other focuses on your chest. The latter works pretty hard on your triceps.
- To begin, hold the dip bars ensuring an inward grip. You can adjust the bars to your shoulder-width if they are adjustable.
- Jump off the ground to shift your weight on the bars.
- Ensure to keep your body as straight as possible. Your legs should be hanging down.
- Facing forward, lower yourself till your elbows are parallel to your shoulders.
- Raise your body back up. Do not lock your elbows.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Tricep Dips Tips
- Do not lower yourself too far down as it should put unnecessary strain on your shoulders.
- Ensure to squeeze your triceps at the peak of the movement.
- Do not lock your arms at the top of the movement.
- Keep your rep timing slow to make the most of the workout.