Did someone say ‘Burger’? Well, it's no secret that Americans love burgers for all the right reasons. I mean, how can someone say no to the deliciousness a burger brings with it, right?
While there are multiple types of burgers that you can find in a restaurant, the specialty of the venison burger is one that you will not want to miss out on. Venison is a type of deer meat, and it is known for its intense flavor. When cooked properly, a venison burger can be just as juicy and delicious as any other burger.
Most people don't know that a deer's meat is quite healthy for you. It is lean meat, so it has less fat and calories. The deer meat venison is packed with vitamins, especially vitamin B. Also, it's a good source of protein and iron.
So, if you are looking for a delicious deer burger recipe, look no further! This venison burger recipe is easy to follow and will have you enjoying the best burger you've ever had.
Delicious Venison Burger Recipe for Burger Lovers
Creating the perfect burger starts with finding the right blend of seasonings. Too much of one spice can overpower the others, so it's important to strike a delicate balance.
Luckily, we've got the perfect mix in this ultimate venison burger recipe which is guaranteed to shake up your burger game. We've mixed these juicy, flavorful burgers with the perfect blend of seasonings to give them that extra oomph.
With this venison burger recipe, you can have a delicious meal that is not only healthy but also wallet-friendly. You'll be so popular for trying something new and different at your next dinner party or get-together - not to mention all of the compliments on how good it tastes!
Fire up the grill and get cooking!
Serves 4 people
Total Time Needed
- 1 lb. ground venison meat
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated butter (freezing cold)
- Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
How to Make Deer Burger?
- Put butter in the freezer before you start.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat if you plan to grill venison burgers (450-500°F).
- Take a sizable pan (ideally one made of cast iron) and place it on the appropriate burner if you cook on a stovetop. Remember to heat the pan for 3 to 5 minutes before cooking.
- Add ground venison, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add roughly 2 tablespoons of ice-cold grated butter just before forming the venison burger patties. Mix the meat mixture quickly this time only to distribute, not to the point where the butter melts.
- Make 4 equal-sized balls of the meat, and make burger patties. To catch some of the juice, make a divot on the top of the burgers.
- Cook the burgers for anywhere from 5-8 minutes per side on the grill or in the hot pan. Just one turn will be enough to give the burgers a lovely crust. When you turn the burger over, add the sliced cheese if you're using it.
- Before assembling and eating, give your burgers a 5 to 10 minutes rest period.
- Add sautéed onions, lettuce, potato chips, or finish with your favorite burger toppings. Voila!
The Secret to Making Perfect Venison Burgers
You've probably heard that adding fat is the secret to making a perfect burger. But what if I told you that the secret to making a perfect venison burger is to add even more fat?
That's right, adding extra pork fat to your venison burger is key to creating both flavorful and moist burgers. Also, always use fatty meat for making burgers.
It will not only make it juicier and more flavorful, but it will also help prevent it from drying out. The fat helps keep the burgers moist as they cook and gives them a delicious char that adds depth of flavor.
And as a bonus, the fat helps bind the ingredients together, preventing the burgers from falling apart on the grill. So if you are cooking deer burgers, always add plenty of fat!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to store venison meat burger?
Freezing venison burgers is relatively easy. You can store the burgers for up to 3 days in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator.
2. Can you freeze the venison burger?
Yes! You can store your burger patty for up to 6 months by freezing them on a wax paper-lined plate and then putting it in an airtight container.
3. Are venison burgers healthy?
Venison meat is much healthier than the alternative (beef) but remember to add a little extra fat to keep them soft and moist.
4. How can I add even more flavor?
This deer burger recipe is sure to please any palate with its simple ingredients. However, you can always jazz it up by adding fresh herbs or garlic, depending on what your taste buds desire.
5. How do you get deer burgers to stick together?
Add pork fat and cracker crumbs to make your ground venison patties stick together while they cook. Additionally, place raw patties in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before frying to help them stay contained during the cooking process.
6. How do you get the wild taste out of deer burgers?
It is essential to add an acidic ingredient, like worcestershire sauce, for your wild gamey taste not to be too overwhelming.
7. How much fat should I add to venison burgers?
Adding 80% lean to 20% pork belly fat ratio is perfect because the extra moisture provided by these fats makes venison too fluffy and tender.
Give this easy venison burger recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you! And if you loved it, be sure to share it with your friends and family. They’ll be so impressed with your culinary skills that they would want to get their hands on the recipe as soon as possible.