Are you a fan of protein bars? What about adding chocolate and peanut butter to your protein bars? Yes, you read it right! This heaven-made match can be highly suitable for you and your fitness goals.
Consumption of protein bars is one of the convenient ways to fulfill your body's nutritional requirements. There is a huge variety of protein bars that you can try at home. But people are going crazy over the chocolate and peanut butter protein bars.
A lot of fitness freaks keep spending money on protein bars. But why when you can easily make them at home with a finger-licking taste? In today's article, you will read about the lip-smacking recipe for chocolate peanut butter protein bars.
But first, let's see what protein bars are and if they are good for us.
Protein bars are a favourite snacking option packed with several beneficial nutrients. The purpose is to deliver a healthy punch of nutrients, especially protein, to fulfill the body's needs. They also taste good; even some are too delicious.
Consuming protein bars can be different for everyone. Some eat these bars as a healthy snack while travelling, watching movies, chatting, etc. Whereas for some, it is a quick way to add protein to their post-workout routine.
Whatever the purpose is, a nutritious and tasty protein bar is what we crave. But it is important to note that the bar should be healthy and not addictive. Using additives or unhealthy ingredients ruins the purpose of the consumption.
To provide the desired nutrients, different protein bars should be high in protein and low in calories. A certain number of carbs and fiber helps you achieve your fitness goals better. Protein is a much-needed nutrient of our body, especially when we set our fitness goals.
Whether it's about simple weight loss or muscle gain, protein bars play a significant role in helping you out. There are many benefits of consuming protein bars as a healthy routine snack, pre or post-workout. Let's have a look at some of the excellent benefits:
1. Versatile Snack
Protein bars are known to be filled with multiple nutrients. You can take them as mid-day snacks or post workouts bars. They boost your energy levels while giving you a punch of protein. In addition, they can be a convenient and quick source of many minerals, vitamins, and other macronutrients.
2. Helps With Weight Loss
These bars are only smaller in size but amazingly fill your tummy. They curb your hunger to prevent overeating while keeping you away from too many calories. It means you will be proceeding faster toward your weight loss.
3. Promotes Muscle Gain
Not only do they support your weight loss journey, but they help you gain muscles. Intake of protein bars after a workout session helps your muscles recover fast. They boost your energy levels while providing your muscles with enough to build fast.
4. Meal Replacement
A protein bar can quickly replace a meal because of its filling property. It means you can easily skip a meal without worrying about your nutrition needs. The bar is higher in protein and has fewer calories, meeting your early morning breakfast needs or evening snack.
5. Provides Energy Pre and Post-Workout
Protein bars are excellent energy suppliers pre or post-workout. You can have them before working out to boost the energy. In contrast, post-workout protein bars help you recover, give a protein punch and ensure nutrient supply to your body.
The type of protein bar is quite important to choose according to your goals. Moreover, there is no need to throw a lot of money on store-bought bars.
With the easy and convenient recipe, you can make them at home in no time, that too as per your desired taste. Moreover, the variety of ingredients makes it fun to make your favourite bars whenever you want.
Related Article: Whey Protein: Health Benefits, Side Effects, and Precautions
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars Recipe
A protein bar is meant to be a filling snack with a punch of various nutrients especially protein. If you are tired of buying them from stores or bored of the same taste, try something according to your taste. Yes, you can easily make them at home.
There are different ways of preparing protein bars, depending on your taste and requirements. But chocolate peanut butter protein bars are one of the all-favourites. It is a delicious bar to fulfill the desires of your body and taste buds at the same time.
Moreover, the recipe for these bars is quick and easy. If you want to experience the goodness, follow the below-mentioned recipe.
- Peanut Butter: Any nut butter goes well with the recipe, but nothing better than natural peanut butter. The purpose is to prevent the intake of additives. Therefore, it should be pure with only salt and nuts to keep it healthy and nutritious.
- Honey: It is impossible to make a protein bar without a sweetener, and honey can be the best choice. Honey is highly suitable for binding the ingredients with a delightful taste. The alternative for vegan eaters can be date syrup or coconut palm syrup.
- Coconut Oil: A tablespoon of coconut oil is good enough for your protein bar recipe.
- Vanilla extract: It is an optional ingredient, and you can drop it without any hassle. But it is suitable for vanilla lovers.
- Flaxseed meal: Ground flaxseeds are love. They can add an excellent toasty flavour to your evening snack with a punch of protein and fiber.
- Protein Powder: To add protein powder, you can use both plant-based and whey protein. Whatever you add, the flavour and consistency will exactly be as required.
- Dark Chocolate: For your favourite chocolate peanut butter protein bars, you will need a good quantity of dark chocolate from any well-known brand. Theo, alter eco, or divine are some of the reliable choices.
- Optional: If you are a fancy person, a fancy sea salt sprinkle will make your bar look tempting. But if you use salted peanuts or other nuts, there is no need for sea salt.
- ¾ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 2.5 dark chocolate bar
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Take a loaf pan to prepare it for the procedure. Set the parchment paper in the pan.
- Add protein powder, honey or date syrup, peanut butter, dark chocolate powder, vanilla, flaxseed meal, and coconut oil to the food processor. Begin processing until you reach the point where everything is well combined.
- There is one thing to pay attention to. The binding should be done at this step. If the mixture is well combined but not sticking together, you may need a tablespoon of water or two. Add 1-3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and set it when you are done with the consistency. You can use a spatula here. Now turn the parchment paper over the mixture and use any suitable utensil to spread and set the mixture evenly.
- Now, if the mixture is all set, sprinkle some chocolate chunks on the top of it and press a bit to set them inside.
- If you are done with the ingredients, put the pan into the fridge and let the mixture harden for about an hour.
- Once hardened, take them out and cut them into pieces of your favorite shape. You can keep them in the fridge or in the cabinet to enjoy the bars at room temperature.
The best thing about these healthy bars is that you can store them for a week or even more if in the refrigerator. Well, a chilled, sweet treat always feels good. Moreover, preparing these bars is too easy to repeat every few weeks.
There are various recipes for protein bars, and chocolate peanut butter is the trending one because of the heaven-made match of peanut butter and chocolate. The taste is quite satisfying for your taste buds while giving you an energy boost. The nutritious punch can be erect for the entire day.
Preparing it at home allows you to adjust the quantities, ingredients, and even consistency. It is also easier for vegan individuals to make the desired one with dairy-free ingredients.
Related Article: 5 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Taking Whey Protein
DMoose whey powder is made with whey isolate and whey concentrate. These two proteins are high-quality and versatile enough for pre-workout recovery and post-workout energy boosters.
People looking to lose, gain, or maintain weight can use this ideal whey protein powder. Professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts can also use whey protein to increase muscle mass and exercise performance.
You can use it in various recipes, such as bars, cookies, drinks, or desserts.
Whey Protein Powder
Whey protein is a convenient, nutritious, and delicious way to help you build muscle, lose weight, and boost your metabolism. Our whey protein powder will help you reach your fitness goal faster.
A healthy protein bar can not only fill your stomach but meet the needs of your body. Of course, you should not depend on the protein bar only, and a healthy and well-balanced diet should be your priority.
However, a delicious, nutritious, and finger-licking protein bar can be a quick alternative. The quick and easy recipe discussed in this article will help you provide your body with enough nutrients pre and post-workout. Now you make bunches in no time to enjoy the sweet treat anytime!