Want to treat your taste buds with a perfectly done beef steak pizza, but don’t want to order out? Perhaps it’s that time of the year when you start craving homemade, authentic and ethnic taste!
Pizza is awesome when it comes piping hot from a restaurant, BUT heavenly when done at home. The best part? IT’S SUPER EASY!
Here is the recipe to the finest, most delicious high protein pizza with high protein beef topping:
Number of Servings
1 serving = 2 Slices
Total Time Needed
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce or white sauce with parmesan cheese ( whichever appeals)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ sliced green peppers/ different colours
- Olive oil ( for greasing the pan and saute vegetables)
- ½ sliced red onion
- 12 oz (raw) lean steak
Do You Need Special Equipment?
Nope! Make this tasty cheesesteak pizza on a pizza stone or a sheet pan. Clear directions for making the best pizza are given just below.
IN A HURRY? Well, you can start with a ready-made pizza crust, and the whole affair will be a matter of minutes.
- First of all, preheat your oven to 475F. This is of utmost importance whenever you are baking. You should preheat at least 20 mins before sliding your pizza stone or sheet pan inside the oven.
- Next, start preparing your toppings, beginning with the mushrooms. In a hot non-stick pan, cook the mushrooms until they are slightly golden on both sides, about 2 minutes total. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Saute the bell peppers and onions for an excellent, perfect pizza taste. You can use them raw, but sautéed vegetables are way richer in taste.
- While the mushrooms and vegetables are being done, slice the beef into strips. Doing these small things simultaneously will save a lot of your precious time.
- Once in thin strips, you can cook your beef quickly and simply. Just put it all in the pan and cook until it's nicely golden brown yet still juicy. This will take 2-3 minutes at best.
- Meanwhile, you can start with assembling the pizza. Spread pizza sauce (alternatively cheesy white sauce) on top of the dough and sprinkle za'atar.
- Next, Add the golden brown mushrooms, sautéed vegetables, cooked beef, and grated cheeses.
- Your oven must have been fuming and reached the perfect temperature by now.
- Place your pizza on a cookie sheet and cook it in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese melts and starts to turn golden.
- Sprinkle arugula and sprouts over your pizza, cut into slices and enjoy while it's still hot!
Why It’s the #1 Homemade Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe?
Several reasons count to make it the best homemade pizza recipe.
Here are my reasons:
It's tried and tested. This recipe has been my go-to recipe for pizza weekends. It's foolproof because it's been perfected over the years and has been through thick and thin of fine-lining.
You can find easy substitutes for the ingredients in your pantry. Preparing your own substitutes is also simple. It's the best dinner after a steak day because the leftovers can go into the oven for pizza. A brand new dinner from the remnants of the previous day. HATS OFF!
This recipe is a complete guide to cheese steak pizza with a quick recipe for white sauce even. A recipe within a recipe!
Saute your Veggies. It definitely doesn't sound like a big deal, but the change in taste will be superb. Sautéed vegetables give a fine, deep taste to the whole pizza. Try this tip once, and you'll never wanna go without it.
In addition, the pizza doesn't become soggy and wet. With sautéed vegetables, it cooks thoroughly, and achieves that crispiness everyone loves!
White Sauce Recipe
- Olive oil
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
White sauce is extremely easy and simple. You can perfect it even if it's your first experience. There are quite a few variations, but this one is perfect for most of your recipes that require white sauce.
Heat butter in a pan and add flour. Roast a little. Turn around a few times and start adding milk gradually. The only important thing is to avoid rushing with the milk part. You go too fast, and it becomes lumpy. A huge turnoff.
After adding milk, cook it until it bubbles. Add roasted garlic and cook the sauce for 5 minutes. Leave it on the stove if you want the sauce to thicken just a little bit more. Add salt, pepper, and seasoning, and stir in cheese and parsley while it's still on the stove. This light heat is great for slowly melting the cheese and spices into the sauce.
Your white sauce is done. Remove from the stove and leave it aside.
FAQs for Steak Pizza
1. What cheese is used in cheese steak pizza?
The signature cheese for a cheese steak pizza is Provolone, but you can also add Mozzarella and Cheddar when you can’t get your hands on the Provolone. The beef compliments a mixture of Cheddar and Mozzarella very well.
2. What can I serve with Philly cheese steak pizza?
A simple mixture of tomato cucumber salad (preferably vinegar marinated) is a perfect match for cheese steak pizza. You can make homemade fries, chicken wings, nachos or the good old coleslaw.
3. What sauce is perfect on cheese steak pizza?
You can choose white sauce if you want a slightly different taste or stick with the classical pizza sauce; whatever suits your taste buds.
4. Can you freeze cheese steak pizza?
SURE, why not? Slide some pieces into the freezer for those hard days when there is nothing in the fridge.