Main Target Muscles
Secondary Target Muscles
Target Muscle: Biceps
Seated Dumbbell Curl Overview
Seated Dumbbell curls engage your biceps and help you achieve bigger, and stronger arms. Curls are isolation exercises that focus all challenge and resistance in one muscle group. If you are trying to build sturdy, massive arms, seated dumbbell curls are a definite part of your workout plan.
How to Do It
- Sit at the edge of the bench with your knees together.
- Pick up your dumbbells and let them hang by your sides
- Your palms should be facing up.
- Bend the arms a little to engage your biceps.
- This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keep the back straight, and your elbows tucked.
- Now slowly curl both dumbbells up till your chest or as far as you can go.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top position.
- Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Tips on Seated Dumbbell Curls
- Focus on your forearms.
- Keep the elbow static and locked in.
- Perform it in a slow and controlled manner.