One nightmare that outshines all the insecurities of a human mind is none other than a horrible double chin. Every area of your body can be ideal in shape and toned, but if you end up having a double chin, it's an endgame of all the confidence you carry.
Ever Wondered What Reasons Contribute To The Formation Of A Double Chin?
The fun fact is, a double chin is not necessarily your fault. There are various reasons associated with why people end up having a double chin. Such as:
As you grow old, your skin starts losing elasticity, resulting in a saggy skin, which mainly contributes to a double chin. Unfortunately, you cannot control the natural aging factor, of course, but you can indeed reduce the chances of having a double chin.
Unhealthy Diet And Weight
While it’s known that weight gain is not necessarily a reason to have a double chin, taking a diet that contains a high amount of calories and preservatives from processed food can result in building up of fats in various parts of your body.
However, getting rid of a double chin is not entirely associated with weight loss too. Some exercises contribute to weight loss, while some are designed to get rid of a double chin solely.
If you have a family history of having less elasticity in the skin or a double chin, the same features may be transmitted to it, thanks to genes! However, your ancestors couldn't stumble upon the easiest ways to get rid of a double chin, but you are on the right page.
A lousy position usually results when some of the body muscles are not warmed up regularly. A double chin is formed when you keep your face hanging down frequently. This way, the neck and face muscles become weak, and thus, they start sagging.
Can thyroid problems cause a double chin?
Hormones are the essence of your body and can work wonders if present at an optimum level. During the condition of Hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland produces lesser thyroid hormone. Hypothyroidism results in puffiness in the skin, and overall weight gain, eventually gives birth to an unwanted double chin.
Sinus Infections And Kidney Disorders
A sinus infection causes the lymph nodes to swell, which results in a swelled skin around the neck area and accounts for the double chin. Certain kidney disorders also contribute towards a puffier overall skin, leading towards a double chin.
Salivary Gland Inflammation And Cushing's Syndrome
When the salivary glands swell, the face and jaw muscles start swelling too, which creates an illusion of a double chin. Besides, weight gain is also one of Cushing's syndrome symptoms, a condition during which a high amount of stress hormone 'cortisol' is produced.
The weight gained during this condition eventually results in a double chin.
How Do Neck Exercises Help In Getting Completely Rid Of A Double Chin?
Every neck exercise is double chin's biggest enemy. The following are 7 of the most practical and effective exercises which will pave your way towards an attractive neck region by helping you get rid of your double chin.
Each exercise contributes differently, but all serve the same goal, i.e., to make your jaw visible! Every exercise is also interconnected to the other and should be performed regularly to keep those muscles moving swiftly.
The best part? You can perform a few of these exercises anywhere you like. Whether you are on your way towards work, are reading a book, or even cooking something in the kitchen, these effective exercises can accompany you all day long! With just a little movement of the head accompanied by neck, you can perform them in no time!
- Move your lower jaw forward and backward.
- Then move it side to side.
- Repeat the exercise 8 to 10 times before starting other exercises.
- When you move your lower jaw forward, make sure you feel a stretch in your muscles.
1. Ceiling Pucker Up Exercise
- Tilt your head back and look towards the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips in a way that you are kissing towards the ceiling.
- Keep on pouting until you feel your muscles stretching.
- Hold the pout for five to 20 seconds, tilt your head towards its original position, and repeat 10 to 15 times.
2. Ball Exercise
- Use a tennis ball.
- Place it under your neck.
- Press your neck against the ball.
- Tilt your head back to the original position and repeat.
- Do it 25 times daily.
3. Tongue Stretch Exercise:
- Stick out your tongue, the farthest you can.
- Bend it upwards towards the nose until you feel a stretch in your tongue muscles.
- Keep your lips relaxed; hold the tongue in an upwards position for 10 seconds.
- Do it 5 to 10 times.
4. Platysma Exercise
- Stand and keep your neck straight.
- Pull the corners of your mouth upwards and downwards as much as you can.
- Do this until you feel your muscles stretching.
- Hold every position for 10 seconds and repeat ten times.
5. Mouth Wide Open Exercise
- Open your mouth as wide as you can.
- Stick out your tongue the farthest you can.
- Do this until you feel the muscles down the chin region tightening.
- Go back to the former position. Hold for 10 seconds and do ten times.
6. Fish Face Exercise
- Suck in your cheeks and lips to make a fish-like pout.
- Start smiling with the same pout. You can feel the pressure building up in your lips and cheeks.
- Do this until you feel a burning sensation in cheeks and jaws.
- Relax the lips and cheek muscles and repeat 15 to 20 times.
The exercises mentioned above are incredible to reduce your double chin to a great extent within weeks. But, there is always a bonus exercise for everybody out there. To see your neck muscles toned and strengthened and achieve a sharp, charming jaw, use:
7. Neck Head Harness
- Attach the weights that suit your needs.
- Move your neck backward and forward.
- Then, move your head and neck upwards, and downwards.
- Move your head back to its neutral position. Repeat it 10 to 15 times a day.
- The strap that supports the chin puts some pressure on the jaw area, which means that now, along with strengthening your neck, you can also make your double chin disappear! I bet you all love a multifunctional, easy to use product.
And also, chewing gum is one of the ways to get rid of a double chin.
How Can Proper Diet Aid In Getting Rid Of A Double Chin?
A proper diet is equally important to exercise when it comes to toning up your body, whether you desire to reduce or gain weight or to get rid of your double chin. Here are a few changes you should make in your diet to achieve your ultimate goal of vanishing your double chin:
- Divide your meals into six portions a day.
- Include lean protein such as poultry and fish in your diet.
- Incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Strictly avoid processed food and significantly reduce sugar consumption.
- Use whole grains in the replacement of refined grains and practice portion control.
All the ways mentioned above have helped people in achieving their visible jaw within some time. Start practicing these exercises now, and see evident results in no time! Your dream jawline is just a few exercises away!