Did you know that having strong forearms can help you break through the muscle growth plateau?
Well, it's true, my friends. Having a strong forearm can help you improve your grip, strengthen your wrist muscles and help you intensify your workouts.
But that's not it! A powerful forearm displays a lot more information about you than just helping you grow more muscles.
This article will help you understand why strong forearms are important for you and how you can grow a thicker wrist with a forearm twister easily.
Importance of Forearm Strength
Forearm strength is not just about adding aesthetics to your body. Having powerful forearms means stronger grip action, which is very important for the following reasons;
1. A Strong First Impression
Do you know that the muscles that help you perform the gripping action majorly exist in your forearms?
Suppose you're meeting someone for the first time and are looking forward to making a good impression. In that case, you need to work on your forearm strength because a handshake tells a lot about the other person's confidence and personality traits, and you don't want to miss out on the first opportunity.
2. Playing Sports
Sports such as golfing, bowling, tennis, rock climbing, etc., are among the many activities that require you to have a strong forearm muscle. So, if you're looking to enjoy these sports without exhausting your hand muscles, then you need to start strengthening your forearms from this very moment.
3. Lifting Weights
Lifting weights is all about having a strong grip, and the rest of your body follows along. This statement is very true because a strong grip gives you the ability to handle heavy weights easily when performing weight lifting exercises like deadlifts, pull-ups, etc.
Moreover, having a strong forearm strength allows you to generate the force and strength you need for longer and heavier training sessions so that you can reach your body goals quickly.
4. Prevents Injuries
Having a strong forearm is all about having stronger grip action, and if you're a powerlifter or an athlete who requires a lot of wrist action, you need to strengthen your forearm muscles.
Having firm grips ensures easy lifting and sports activities without risking wrist injuries, and in case of an injury, stronger muscles enable quick recovery.
FITNESS FOR EVERYONE
Join our exclusive Facebook Community!
DMoose community is the place for all your fitness needs. We aim to give you the best tips in health, fitness, and wellness to live a healthy and balanced life.
How to Improve Forearm Strength Using a Forearm Twister?
Now that you know why you need to work on your forearm muscles, let me tell you the easiest way to exercise all the intrinsic and extrinsic forearm muscles.
Forearm twister and wrist strengthener is an easy-to-use gym gear developed to strengthen your hand muscles, make wrists more flexible and ensure higher pain endurance levels for its users.
Moreover, the forearm twister and wrist strengthener help circulate blood flow in your hands, wrists, and forearms, allowing you to intensify the workout without fearing injuries.
A forearm twister is a tool that not just reduces your chances of carpal tunnel but is also a great tool that helps you gradually recover from arthritis and many other medical conditions.
The forearm twister comes with two detachable rods, and it can be used with or without them; here is how;
1. First Way (with detachable rods)
- Attach the rods on either side of the forearm twister and hang the desired weight plates with the carabiner at the rope end
- Stand up straight and tall
- Firmly hold the twister from the rods attached to its sides, and raise your hands to shoulder height
- Start rotating your wrists forward one at a time till the weighted rope is rolled up completely
- Once the rope is all rolled up, start moving your wrists in downward rotation one at a time until the weight is fully extended.
2. Second Way (without the rods)
The second way to use the forearm twister and strengthener is without the rods. It offers greater resistance and engages every muscle from your elbows to your fingertips.
- Remove the rods from the sides of the twister and attach weights to the carabiner at the rope end.
- Stand up straight and tall
- Hold the wheel from sides and raise your hands to shoulder length
- Start rotating your wrists forward, one at a time, until the rope is fully wrapped around and weight reaches the wheel
- Next, rotate your wrists one by one in a downward motion till the rope is fully extended.
Benefits of A Forearm Twister and Wrist Strengthener
Here are the four benefits of using a forearm strengthener to power up your forearm muscles and enhance your grip;
1. More Forearm Muscularity
Using a forearm twister is the perfect way to increase your muscles in the forearms. Toning these muscles helps you improve the grip strength and power up your fingers to lift heavy weights for longer durations without risking injuries.
2. Better Hand Endurance
All the major muscles involved in making a grip are found in the forearm. Hence, the grip muscles are automatically exercised when you use the forearm strengthener.
Moreover, using a strengthener means applying strong grip force for longer durations. This increases hand endurance, allowing you to lift the heavy dumbbells and barbells for longer without feeling any fatigue in your hand muscles.
3. Increased Resistance to Pain
Do you know that a handgrip is an indicator of your health?
According to 2015 research, it was concluded that your muscular health could be assessed through your grip.
As you age, the muscle mass starts to reduce, so does the hand strength, but having stronger muscles in the forearm means lesser chances of arthritis.
4. Improved Dexterity
Working with the forearm twister and wrist strengthener works up all the muscles from the elbow to your fingertips, resulting in increased agility. Dexterousness is needed for various professions involving hand and finger action, such as pianists, typists, hairdressers, masons, etc.
5. Aid in Recovery
People who have arthritis, carpal tunnel, heart attacks, tendon surgery, etc., often have poor hand grips. Using a forearm strengthener helps them exercise all their muscles effectively and regain their strength quickly.
Forearm strength is just as important as any other muscle strength is not more. It does not just help you enhance your hand grip but allows you to perform other everyday tasks better.
Using a forearm twister and wrist strengthener is the easiest and the most effective way to build powerful forearm muscles and break through the muscle growth plateau.
- Leong, Darryl P., et al. ‘Prognostic Value of Grip Strength: Findings from the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) Study’. The Lancet, vol. 386, no. 9990, July 2015, pp. 266–73. thelancet.com, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)62000-6.
- Gale, Catharine R., et al. ‘Grip Strength, Body Composition, and Mortality’. International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 36, no. 1, Feb. 2007, pp. 228–35. Silverchair, https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyl224.
- ‘Your Handshake May Provide More Information to Others than You Think’. Https://Www.Apa.Org, https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2000/07/hand-shake. Accessed 23 Sept. 2021.
- Norman, Kristina, et al. ‘Hand Grip Strength: Outcome Predictor and Marker of Nutritional Status’. Clinical Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 2, Apr. 2011, pp. 135–42. ScienceDirect, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clnu.2010.09.010.
- Schweizer, A., and M. Furrer. ‘Correlation of Forearm Strength and Sport Climbing Performance’. Isokinetics and Exercise Science, vol. 15, no. 3, Jan. 2007, pp. 211–16. iospress.com, https://doi.org/10.3233/IES-2007-0275.