Turkey can be a delicious and nutritious food item in health and muscle-building recipes. You can pair it up with different spices and veggies to create a finger-licking recipe like turkey chili. The recipe we are sharing today is a nutritious and award-winning recipe.
The boost of flavors and nutrition makes it unique among others. Please don't fall for its name; it's not that spicy. The amount of spice depends on your preferences. It can be either spicy or just flavorful. The classic flavor, thick texture, rich toppings, and enough protein are the secrets behind the popularity of this beauty.
Turkey chili can be a healthy treat for your beloved guest or family members. The recipe packs all the healthy nutrients together. This turkey chili recipe is rich in lean protein, vitamins, iron, and fiber. The perfect addition of wholesome veggies and spices adds up a boost of flavor and richness.
When talking about the protein sources, this turkey chili has two most impressive ingredients, lean ground turkey and beans. Hence it can be the top choice for a muscle-building diet. This protein-rich recipe lets you grow muscles while enjoying your meal. It is the reason why diet-conscious individuals fall for it.
Calories in a Bowl of Chili Ground Turkey
Chili can also be prepared with ground beef, but adding ground turkey increases its nutritional value. A single cup of turkey chili has 224 calories. If you are in the muscle-building phase, you may also need to add a beneficial supplement to your diet.
DMoose Whey protein isolate can be the right choice when it comes to a muscle-building journey. Unlike other supplements, it is packed with natural and pure whey protein to make digestion easier and quicker. Adding it to your diet may help you notice commendable results.
Nutrition Facts for Single-Serving
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 16 oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tb.sp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 capful of Vinegar
- 8 oz. Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
- Himalayan Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup of boiled Kidney Beans
The recipe is quick and simple. You just have to follow a few steps, and a finger-licking meal will be in front of you.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers, and cook them for a while.
- Stirring in between short intervals is a must.
- 4 to 5 minutes are enough for stirring or until the onion is soft and pinky brown.
- Now add the turkey to the pan and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes
- The turkey must get brown at this stage.
- After that, you add tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and red peppers
- Stir fry for a few seconds, then add beans into the mix.
- Let them cook for around 15 minutes while stirring in between.
- At this point, you can add veggies like corn, carrots, sweet potato, celery, avocado, jalapeno, and more. You can use any of them to enhance the meal's flavor and aroma.
- Now comes the garnishing part. Divide turkey chili into six serving bowls and garnish with fresh chili and parsley if desired.
Why is Turkey Chili Worth Trying?
This healthy turkey chili recipe is not only to satisfy your taste buds but to help you work on your muscle build-up because of the higher amounts of protein. So if you are bored of the ordinary turkey recipe for your body-building meal, it's time to add some twist to it. Turkey chili can be the yummiest addition to your meal plan with all the required nutrition. Let's have a look at some reasons for having this recipe at least once a week:
- Filling: The meal is pretty fulfilling because of the higher nutritional value and healthy veggies. It is the reason individuals don't crave much after having turkey chili.
- Protein-rich: Turkey chili with beans is a perfect combination to provide your body with the desired protein amount.
- Higher metabolic rate: You can notice increased heat production and metabolic rate due to capsaicin in chilies and bell peppers. It helps you lose weight efficiently.
- Boost immunity: If your purpose is to boost immunity, what can be more helpful than a turkey chili. Turkey chili has a higher value of vitamins for a better immune system, while the immunity booster supplement by DMoose has incredible antioxidants and vitamins. It means you will be fighting off seasonal allergies and infections effectively.
- Tasty meal: The best part of having turkey chili is that you are not spoiling your diet plan while also having flavorful food. This nutrient-rich recipe will feel so addictive that you will keep making it for months without getting bored.
If you are looking for an easy, instant, healthy turkey chili recipe, you got it just now. This delicious yet healthy meal option with ground turkey is what you need to add once a week for a protein boost. Bodybuilders will find it pretty helpful to maintain their nutritional values while fulfilling cravings. Adding more veggies to it will enhance the flavour and help you get some additional nutrients. So, why not invite your body-building partners to have turkey chili tonight? Be aware they will be coming over again and again after that.