With the majority of the commercial gyms closed to prevent the spread of the virus, as a fitness enthusiast, you have no other option but to rely on a home gym completely. Due to limited time, space, and resources, you cannot turn your home into an ideal gym space with the perfect machines and fitness tools.
However, if you want to invest in a single piece of equipment that allows you to use several weight settings, an adjustable dumbbell is all you need! An adjustable dumbbell is a convenient and versatile piece of equipment that helps you perform various weight lifting workouts.
This article will help you decide if you should invest in an adjustable dumbbell or not. The article discusses the benefits of adjustable dumbbells, how it works, what exercises you can perform using it, and why you must invest in an adjustable dumbbell.
Benefits of Adjustable Dumbbells
Adjustable dumbbell sets are amazing as they are made up of many removable plates yet occupy the space of two large dumbbells only. They can easily replace multiple dumbbells by ensuring similar benefits and helping you save an adequate amount of space.
As opposed to a traditional dumbbell consisting of a short bar with a fixed amount of weight at each end, an adjustable dumbbell allows you to change multiple weight plates by mechanisms like a dial, pin, or lever. No matter how heavy the weight is, you can easily swap between various weights attached to a plate.
If you live in a cramped apartment, an adjustable dumbbell is ideal gym equipment that you must invest in.
You can perform similar workouts using an adjustable dumbbell by spending a lesser amount. An adjustable dumbbell is a perfect home gym tool that you can use to improve your shape without having to spend a fortune.
While the prices of dumbbells may vary, they are far more affordable than other high-end machines that you need for a full-body workout while ensuring the same benefits in terms of weight loss, shape, and toning your body.
Besides, while other fitness machines mostly allow you to perform a specific exercise, an adjustable dumbbell allows you to train all important muscle groups by speeding up metabolism. An adjustable dumbbell works wonders in reducing body fat and helping you achieve a perfectly shaped figure.
Whether you are looking to set up a budget-friendly home gym or buying an effective full-body workout machine, an adjustable dumbbell is worth investing!
Portable and Highly Convenient
If you prefer working out in a variety of spaces, an adjustable dumbbell is a perfect gym tool for you! The portability of an adjustable dumbbell makes it extremely convenient gym equipment for your home gym.
Besides, if you are looking to invest in single gym equipment that can help you perform various exercises, an adjustable dumbbell is the most convenient equipment you can invest in!
An adjustable dumbbell is one of the most versatile pieces of gym equipment you can use for your home gyms as they help you perform any exercise. You can utilize an adjustable dumbbell for aerobic and cardio exercises. At the same time, by choosing heavier weights, you can use them to boost your metabolism.
Moreover, as opposed to other home gym machines, the dumbbell sets ensure resistance, especially during workouts with dynamic movements. While other fitness machines restrict the range of motion, adjustable dumbbells ensure a maximum level of movement and resistance.
In addition to this, adjustable dumbbells help you build stronger muscles by allowing you to vary your resistance, speed, and movement levels during a workout.
How to Use Adjustable Dumbbells
To gain the maximum benefits by using adjustable dumbbells, you must understand their anatomy and the way they work.
Each adjustable dumbbell consists of a similar layout. It consists of a bar/handle made from steel which is the center of an adjustable dumbbell. Each side of the bar consists of an extended piece of material (usually metal) that holds external weight plates.
The amount of external weight you can use on an adjustable dumbbell depends on the type of adjustable dumbbell you have invested in. While some adjustable dumbbells consist of loose-weight plates, others have weight plates that are locked using a turn-and-hook mechanism.
How Do They Work?
An adjustable dumbbell is one of the most easily used gym equipment. There is, however, a difference between how you use a traditional dumbbell and a modern one. For using a traditional dumbbell, you need to unscrew the fasteners on each end of the handle and add or remove the plates as per the resistance level you need.
As opposed to this, using a modern dumbbell is comparatively convenient and efficient. Most adjustable dumbbells nowadays use the turn-and-hook model. The external weight plates are easily settled in a sturdy base in light to heavyweight plates.
With the modern adjustable dumbbell gaining popularity, you no more have to worry about unscrewing the fastener, throwing weight plates off, and putting weights. adjustable dumbbells are perfect multifunctional gym equipment that can easily fit your tiny space. The adjustable dumbbell comes with quick push-pull adjustability that helps ensure a quicker and efficient switching of weights during workouts.
With a sleek design and a soft-grip handle, adjustable dumbbells help you easily assemble weights in adjustable dumbbells that help you perform a perfect workout.
Related Article: Top 5 Ways to Gain a Muscular Body Without Going to Gym
Adjustable Dumbbell Workout
While you may perform a variety of exercises with the amazing adjustable dumbbells, some of the most common workouts are:
Adjustable dumbbells allow a better range of motion than barbells, which helps you build more strength. A dumbbell press will help spruce up your triceps and work the shoulder muscles.
- Lie back on a bench while holding a dumbbell in each hand. Keep your arms bent to the side of your shoulders while your palms face upward.
- Extend your elbows as you begin pressing the weights above your chest, and keep doing until your arms are exactly above your chest.
- Ensure not to touch the weights to one another, bring the weights down at the shoulder level, and repeat.
- You should perform three sets of 8-12 reps each and take a rest for about 90 to 120 seconds between each set.
It is among the most common and best exercises that you can perform with an adjustable dumbbell as it helps you work out a host of bicep and triceps muscles. Make sure to keep your back straight throughout this workout and your upper body controlled.
The home dumbbell workout is primarily based on isolated control and requires you to perform some simple steps.
- Stand upright while holding a dumbbell in each hand, with each arm hanging by your side.
- Keep your elbows close to your torso with your palms facing outward.
- Contract your biceps and exhale, and make sure not to move your upper arms while you curl the weights upward to shoulder level. Return to the starting position.
- Perform three sets of 8 to 12 reps each with an interval of about 90 to 120 seconds between each set.
You can perform shoulder press with relative ease using the amazing adjustable dumbbells. While the shoulder press primarily focuses on two portions of the deltoids, it also helps you work out various other muscles, especially your trapezius, triceps, and rotator cuff muscles.
- Stand straight while holding a pair of dumbbells at any one side. The dumbbells should more or less be even with your shoulders with your arms slightly bent and your palms facing toward your body.
- Then, press upward while twisting your wrist until your palms face forward by the moment you reach the top.
- Immediately lift the weights over your shoulder until your arms are straight, then lower, and repeat.
- Perform 3 to 4 sets of 6 to 10 reps each with 90 to 120 seconds of rest between each set.
- Keep your back straight with your knees slightly bent as you are targeting your lower back, and not overloading it. Stand up with a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing the body.
- Put your legs and arms about shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent, do not bend further than a 45-degree angle while bracing your core, and keeping your back straight.
- While exhaling as you go up, lift the weights in a straight line. Don’t move your legs and keep your wrists stiff, while your arms should not pass your shoulder level as you raise the hand weights.
- Then, lower the weights into the starting position and repeat. Keep your posture the same until you have completed each set.
- Perform three sets of 6 to 8 reps each with a rest of 90 to 120 seconds between each set.
Related Article: Weighted Dips: Your Ultimate Solution to Building Your Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Muscles
Buying The Perfect Pair of Dumbbells
Dumbbells are undoubtedly an excellent piece of equipment to buy if you want to invest in a home gym. However, with numerous purchasing options available, it could be quite challenging to find the highest quality adjustable dumbbells that can withstand years of usage.
Some of the essential features to look for when making your decision to choose the most suitable adjustable dumbbells are:
- Look for an adjustable dumbbell with plates easy to switch out to help save your time and avoid frustration.
- Read the reviews and ensure that the dumbbells consist of all the features you are looking for in terms of durability, grip, the desired thickness of the handless, size, and length of the overall apparatus so that you can easily use it for specific exercises that you need to perform.
- Make sure to invest in a dumbbell set consisting of both the heaviest and the lightest weights you need for your individualized training program.
- Ensure that the adjustable dumbbells have a reliable securing mechanism, so the plates do not get loose on either side.
- Choose a dumbbell set that you can store easily while saving space, as this is one of the essential features that make it a perfect fit for your home gym.
Best Adjustable Dumbbells in the Market
If you want to invest in an adjustable dumbbell consisting of the important features discussed above, adjustable dumbbell is a perfect fit for you! adjustable dumbbell set is one of the reliable equipment that you can easily invest in. Besides the easy-to-assemble features, this adjustable dumbbell set has all you need to perform an ideal home workout!
The compact and travel-friendly dumbbell facilitates weightlifting while helping you avoid the clutter caused by different-sized dumbbells. The adjustable dumbbells are a perfect fit for an all-in-one workout that you can easily store in your home or carry with you anywhere you want to.
Besides, these adjustable dumbbells consist of perfect features such as a comfortable grip, thick handles, and an ideal length and size that allows you to target multiple areas of your body. You can easily switch your plates and ensure higher gains with a single product!
adjustable dumbbells are amazing for performing the basic workout, heavy leg lifts, strength exercises, and core fitness. In addition to this, the perfectly designed adjustable dumbbell will help you avoid all risks of injuries as you can easily toss it whenever you feel your posture is wrong or you feel your arms are cramped up.
With DMoose adjustable dumbbells, your workout becomes more exciting, versatile, and safer!
Adjustable Dumbbells Set
Are you looking for a piece of multifunctional gym equipment that easily fits in your tiny s...
If you want to invest in a home gym, adjustable dumbbells are the perfect gym equipment that you need! An adjustable dumbbell is a single piece of cost-effective equipment that helps save space and allows you to perform various workouts as per your individual needs.
However, to maximize your gains, you must invest in an adjustable dumbbell that is user-friendly, compact, easy to use and has a perfect securing mechanism. With multiple options available in the market, do not forget to research and invest in a reliable product.