Servings 4 Persons
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
Are you getting tired of the same old porridge for breakfast? If so, why not switch things up and try this delectable rice-based breakfast? This wholesome meal is made with a blend of rice, vanilla, and cinnamon, providing a burst of delicious flavor and nutrition to start your day. It's then topped off with juicy apricots and crunchy walnuts, adding an extra layer of texture and flavor. This breakfast is sure to keep you feeling full and satisfied throughout the morning, giving you the energy you need to tackle your day. Give it a try and start your day off right! Happy Eid!
Calories 378 kcal
- 200g brown jasmine rice
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 12 dried apricots, sliced in half widthways
- 4 small containers (about 100ml each) of plain Greek yogurt
- 12 walnut halves, roughly chopped
Transform your breakfast routine with this delicious and unique rice-based dish!
- To begin, grab a large, deep non-stick pan and add the wholemeal basmati rice, whole milk, vanilla extract, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Bring this to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender. Keep a close eye on it towards the end to prevent it from boiling dry.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the apricots. Place them in a small pan with water and cook over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes until they are tender. Set them aside for later use.
- After the rice is cooked, remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick, and stir in half of the bio yogurt. Both the rice and apricots can be kept chilled, separately, for up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to serve, spoon the rice into bowls and top with the remaining yogurt, the tender apricots and their juices, and the broken walnut halves. If you've prepared the rice and apricots the day before, enjoy them cold or reheat until warm, adding a splash of milk to the rice to loosen it up.
Enjoy this satisfying and flavorful breakfast that will keep you full and energized all morning long!