Main Target Muscles
Secondary Target Muscles
Barbell or EZ Bar
Target Muscle: Triceps
Incline SkullCrusher Overview
The skull crusher is a strengthening exercise that helps with tricep strength and mass gains. The isolation exercise allows you to focus fully on your triceps by enabling all the energy to flow in the specific area.
With the exercise, you can work on your muscles unilaterally or bilaterally, which defines the versatility of the workout. It also improves your wrist and elbow strength, enhancing your overall technique.
As you will be holding and moving the weight up and down, you will also experience a drastic change in your grip. This benefit comes in handy with many other exercises that involve dumbbells and barbells.
How To Do It?
- Set up the inclined skull crusher to around 30-45 degrees. Pick the desired barbell.
- Sit down on the bench and hold the barbell on your thighs.
- Lay down, extend your arms and pull the barbell over your head. Keep an overhand grip on the barbell.
- Now extend the barbell straight up in the air over your head. Keep your arms slightly bent to maintain tension in your triceps. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, lower the barbell to the forehead.
- Pause, then push the barbell above the extended position again.
- Without locking your arms, go on with another rep.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Incline Skull Crusher Tips
- You will experience your elbows flaring out towards the sides, but ensure to keep them tucked in.
- Keep your movements slow and controlled throughout the exercise.