Are you on a budget and struggling to maintain a healthy lifestyle? Do you find yourself eating unhealthy foods because they are cheaper? This 7-day, healthy budget meal plan is perfect for men & women. It includes a variety of nutrient-rich and budget-friendly foods that will help you stay on track with your health goals.
Each day of this inexpensive healthy meal plan includes three meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All these meals are designed to be quick and easy to make so that you can save time and money. The meals are also balanced to provide you with the essential nutrients to stay healthy.
Tips for Planning Meal on a Budget
In order to create a healthy and budget-friendly meal plan, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Set a Monthly Menu
One of the best ways for saving money on groceries is to make a monthly menu. This allows you to plan ahead and only buy the ingredients you need. By making a list of all the meals you will eat in a month, you can use up all of your groceries before they go bad. You can also take advantage of sales and promotions by buying in bulk when items are on sale.
Plan Your Meals With Cost Effective Food Items
Another budget-friendly tip is to plan your meals around foods that are cost effective. This can help you save money on groceries while still eating various healthy foods. For example, if the chicken is on sale, you could buy a large package and use it to make a variety of chicken dishes throughout the month.
Plan at Least One Meatless Meal a Week
Eating a meatless meal a few times a week can help you save money on groceries. There are a variety of meatless options that are just as nutritious and delicious as meals that contain meat. Beans, lentils, and tofu are a few of the great sources of protein that can be used in various recipes.
FITNESS FOR EVERYONE
Join our exclusive Facebook Community!
DMoose community is the place for all your fitness needs. We aim to give you the best tips in health, fitness, and wellness to live a healthy and balanced life.
Incorporate More Grains in Your Diet
Grains are a great source of nutrients and can be very budget-friendly. Buying in bulk and cooking ahead can help you save money on grains. Rice, quinoa, and oats are all great options that can be used in various recipes.
Another easy way to save money and time is to use leftovers. Cook a large batch of food at the beginning of the week and then use it for various different meals throughout the week. This can help you save money on groceries and time in the kitchen.
Make Your Own Snacks
Snacks can be a healthy and budget-friendly option if you make them yourself. There are a variety of recipes for healthy snacks that you can make at home. By making your snacks, you can control the ingredients and save money.
Avoid Recipes That Need a Special Ingredient
When you are on a budget, it is important to avoid recipes that require a special ingredient. These ingredients can be costly and may only be used once. Instead, choose recipes that use various budget-friendly ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
Following a healthy and budget-friendly meal plan does not have to be complicated. By using these tips, you can save money on groceries and still eat various nutritious foods.
Top Budgeted Healthy Food Items
There are a variety of budget-friendly and nutritious foods that you can include in your diet. The following list of foods is an excellent source of nutrients and can help you save money on groceries.
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat pasta and bread
- Tomato sauce
- Canned tomatoes
- Dried lentils
- Dried or canned chickpeas and beans
- Frozen vegetables
- Canned tuna and vegetable soups
- Ground turkey, possibly frozen
Related Article: Benefits of Choosing Natural Health Products
7-Day Meal plan
- Breakfast: Oatmeal made with low-fat milk or any plant-based alternative.
- Lunch: Lentil soup with a whole wheat slice.
- Dinner: Thai curry cooked with vegetables or chicken along with any frozen or fresh vegetables available. Enjoy it with whole wheat noodles or rice, preferably brown rice.
- Breakfast: Boiled eggs with toasted whole wheat pita.
- Lunch : Leftover curry along with whole wheat wrap with some fresh spinach.
- Dinner: Turkey or bean chilli prepared ahead of time in a slow-cooker and served with leftover brown rice or baked sweet potatoes.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal cooked in low-fat milk or a plant-based alternative.
- Lunch: Lentil soup and whole wheat slice.
- Dinner: Thai curry cooked with vegetables or chicken and vegetables of choice. Served with whole wheat noodles or rice, preferably brown rice.
- Breakfast: Boiled eggs with whole wheat pita.
- Lunch: Leftover curry with a whole wheat wrap along with some fresh spinach.
- Dinner: Turkey or bean chilli prepared ahead of time in a slow-cooker and serve it with leftover brown rice or baked sweet potatoes.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with cinnamon and grated apple.
- Lunch: Mashed and lightly spiced leftover chickpeas in a whole wheat pita with vegetables of choice.
- Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with sauce made up of tomatoes, garlic and beans. Add spinach to the sauce, if you like. Make extra pasta for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with grilled or canned tomatoes and whole-wheat slice.
- Lunch: Friday's leftover whole wheat pasta.
- Dinner: Chicken with mashed sweet potatoes, and broccoli or any other frozen vegetables.
- Breakfast: Peanut butter and banana with whole grain bagel or a toast.
- Lunch: Canned soup, with flatbread. Add extra vegetables or leftover chicken.
- Dinner: Chicken casserole made with vegetables of choice or canned beans.
This 7-day healthy budget meal plan can help you save money and eat various nutritious foods. Brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, and oatmeal are just a few of the budget-friendly and healthful foods you can include in your diet. You can reach your health goals without breaking the bank by following this meal plan.