We can all agree that pain stops us from living our lives to the fullest. Unfortunately, a common way to relieve pain is through the use of conventional pain relievers that only patch the discomfort rather than fix it. We’re here to break down the most common causes of pain and the best methods to relieve it through natural pain relief!
Natural Pain Relief and Why It’s Important
Why make a big fuss about natural pain relief when conventional pain relievers are so common and oftentimes more convenient? Unfortunately, typical pain killers can cause negative side effects that we might be unaware of. Especially when we rely on these pain killers every day to achieve relief.
You’re probably familiar with ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen — common over-the-counter (OTC) pain relief medications. While they can offer quick relief, long-term use of these NSAIDs can lead to unwanted side effects.
What are NSAIDs?
NSAIDs, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are a common form of pain relief medications. They are typically used to treat pain that is less severe, and the most common types of NSAIDs include naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin. It’s reported that nearly 30 million people around the world use NSAIDs daily to relieve their pain.
Their primary function is to relieve pain by reducing inflammation. They do so by blocking the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX) which assists the production of prostaglandins, a key contributor to the body’s inflammatory response. Additionally, NSAIDs can reduce blood clotting that may lead to heart problems like heart attacks and strokes.
While these are positive outcomes, the long-term use of NSAIDs don’t come without a cost, and doctors are now advising against relying on these OTC methods for daily pain relief.
Natural Alternatives to NSAIDs
- Fish oil
- Devil’s Claw
Natural methods take a different route than conventional painkillers. Rather than covering the sensation of pain, natural pain remedies target the root cause and provide relief that way. Inflammation is almost always at the root of pain and discomfort. While NSAIDs are designed to reduce inflammation, they mostly provide temporary relief.
Natural alternatives to NSAIDs consist of anti-inflammatory nutrients which you can find in foods and dietary supplements. Reduce inflammation and achieve natural pain relief with non-invasive, safe methods like these!
Inflammation and Its Role in Pain
Inflammation is often the culprit behind pain and discomfort. When we get injured, the body activates the immune system to send inflammatory cells to the injured area. These inflammatory cells attack bacteria and heal damaged tissue. Meanwhile, on the surface, you’ll notice the affected area feels warm and painful, or appears swollen and red. This is an acute inflammatory response!
Acute Inflammation Symptoms
While this is our bodies’ natural healing process, it can become a negative concern. This occurs when the inflammation continues long after an injury is healed. If you experience inflammation with no cause, this is known as chronic inflammation, where the immune system attacks healthy tissue within the body. The results often include painful aches and soreness.
Chronic Inflammation Symptoms
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Body pain and stiffness
- Skin rashes and persistent infections
- Depression or anxiety
- Weight gain or loss
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
Chronic inflammation is often the result of an auto-immune disorder, exposure to toxins, and untreated acute inflammation. If you’re struggling with chronic inflammation, let’s break down the different causes of pain and the best methods for relieving pain the natural way so you don’t have to live in discomfort.
Arthritis is an unfortunately common disorder with nearly 60 million Americans suffering from arthritis pain. “Arthritis” literally means “joint inflammation,” and serves as a blanket term for any inflammation issue within the joints. In fact, there are over 100 different types of arthritis. Common forms of arthritis you’re probably familiar with include rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout. Read on to learn about the common forms, how they differ, and the best ways to naturally relieve arthritis pain.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Vs Osteoarthritis Vs Gout
Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout are all under the umbrella of arthritis yet affect the body in different ways. You may feel similar pain yet each joint disorder has different root causes.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disorder that attacks healthy joint tissue while osteoarthritis is a natural degradation of joint tissue. Gout, on the other hand, is the buildup of uric acid that causes inflammation throughout the body.
Related Article: 16 Tips to Reduce Stress & Improve Your Joint Comfort During Workout
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Pain and soreness in multiple joints
- Swelling and tenderness in multiple joints
- Stiffness in multiple joints
- Pain on both sides of the body
Rheumatoid arthritis is a painful form of arthritis. It’s a type of chronic inflammation, which means the immune system is continuously attacking healthy tissue throughout the body, causing inflammation and pain. Rheumatoid arthritis pain can be debilitating yet natural and effective options for pain relief and can be hard to find. Below is a list of the best natural pain relief for rheumatoid arthritis.
Natural Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain and Swelling
- Terry Naturally CuraMed Acute Pain Relief: Because rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease, reducing inflammation is key to managing pain. Fortunately, that’s possible in a natural way with the help of curcumin, a natural anti-inflammatory nutrient. CuraMed Acute Pain Relief is a potent and easily-absorbed curcumin supplement that also acts as an anti-inflammatory and pain relief supplement to ease joint pain and discomfort.
- Terry Naturally Arthocin: This anti-inflammatory blend combines curcumin, boswellia, and devil’s claw for ultimate arthritis pain relief. If you’re looking to calm your rheumatoid arthritis pain, this supplement can bring you the inflammation-reducing and joint-lubricating effects that provide your body with relief as well as nourishment.
- Pain and soreness in the affected joint
- Swelling and tenderness in the affected joint
- Stiffness in the affected joint
- Loss of mobility and flexibility
- Pain in affected joint after movement
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting over 30 million Americans. This type refers to the natural wear and tear our joints endure due to physical overuse, injury, and aging. While it’s normal for our connective tissue to diminish over time, this can cause pain and inflammation that result in disability and discomfort that keep us from living life to the fullest. Read on for natural remedies for osteoarthritis.
Natural Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Terry Naturally Vectomega: This omega-3 supplement is the ideal product for osteoarthritis as omega-3 fatty acids naturally reduce inflammation while also improving joint lubrication. Plus, it’s an extra potent dose of omega-3s to boost overall health.
- Terry Naturally Healthy Knees and Joints: As the name suggests, Healthy Knees and Joints combines anti-inflammatories with bone-nourishing vitamin D to maintain strong bones and healthy joint tissue throughout the whole body.
- Terry Naturally Traumaplant Comfrey Cream: Because osteoarthritis can result from an injury or pain in one specific joint, it’s easy to achieve relief by targeting the pain. This natural pain relief cream can be rubbed on swollen and tender joints to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief, and quicken the healing process.
Related Article: 11 Evidence Based Benefits of Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Pain attacks that lasts a week or more
- Intense pain in the affected joint
- Swelling and redness in the affected joint
- Tenderness to the touch
- Warmth near the affected joint
Gout is caused by the buildup of excess uric acid in the body. When the body makes too much uric acid, it can crystalize and accumulate in joints which cause gout attacks. These attacks can last for a week or two and leave you in a considerable amount of pain. If you don’t want to put your life on hold due to a gout attack, then there are natural ways to relieve the pain associated with this form of arthritis.
Natural Remedies for Gout Pain
- Terry Naturally Healthy Ligaments and Tendons: This natural pain relief supplement nourishes joints — but that’s not all! Healthy Ligaments and Tendons contain a potent amount of vitamin C and B vitamins that help regulate uric acid levels throughout the body.
- Terry Naturally Curamin Extra Strength: When you need extra strength pain relief but don’t want to risk the side effects of conventional pain relievers, here is your natural alternative. This extra strength curcumin formula targets the inflammation, reduces it, and helps bring your whole body back into a pain-free balance.
Fibromyalgia is another common cause of pain and discomfort, and impacts around 2% of the American population. This pain disorder refers to the sensation of pain across the whole body in addition to a variety of other pain conditions. It’s characterized as a central nervous system condition, often affecting the way the brain and spinal cord process pain signals.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Widespread pain
- Fatigue and excessive tiredness
- Mental difficulties such as impaired focus, brain fog, and poor attention
- Sleep disorders
- Depression or anxiety
- Numbness or tingling
- Muscle cramps or soreness
In addition to the many signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia, it can occur alongside existing health issues and leave you in further pain. These include irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, and more. While fibromyalgia is not curable, the pain is manageable through natural pain relief methods.
Natural Remedies for Fibromyalgia
- Stay well-rested: Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule is a powerful way to combat the excessive tiredness and fatigue often brought on by fibromyalgia flare-ups. Try getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night in addition to practicing healthy sleep habits like taking fewer naps and avoiding coffee near bedtime.
- Reduce stress: Stress often worsens health conditions and can leave individuals suffering with fibromyalgia in further pain and discomfort. Try to reduce your stress to protect against worsened fibromyalgia pain. Some ideas include getting regular exercise, partaking in hobbies, and even joining a support group for people with fibromyalgia.
- Nourish your body: One of the most effective ways to relieve fibromyalgia pain is through natural supplementation. You can provide your body with proper nourishment and achieve natural pain relief at the same time. Here are the best supplements for relieving fibromyalgia pain:
- Terry Naturally AnxioCalm: This stress relief supplement targets the central nervous system to help relieve tense nerves. It offers support to fibromyalgia pain by reducing stress and loosening tense muscles and nerves.
- Terry Naturally Clinical OPC Extra Strength 400mg: As a potent antioxidant supplement, this enhances energy levels by preserving cellular health and function throughout the body. Maintaining high energy helps protect against fatigue due to fibromyalgia.
- Terry Naturally Bioactive Magnesium Complex: Replenish your body with the magnesium it needs to relieve muscle tension and calm nerves. Because fibromyalgia affects the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, magnesium can be the perfect solution.
Headaches and Migraines
If you struggle with head pains, whether they’re frequent or occasional, you know how taxing they can be. Headaches and migraines can be very similar or very different from each other. Almost everyone will experience a headache in their life, and the severity can range from light pain to heavy throbbing. On the other hand, migraines are a chronic form of headaches that are oftentimes much more painful.
What Causes Headaches?
There are over 150 different types of headaches which fall into two different categories: primary and secondary. Primary headaches are not caused by an underlying medical condition. Instead, they include cluster headaches, migraines, and tension headaches. Meanwhile, secondary headaches can be the result of an underlying condition varying in severity. These include acute sinusitis, concussions, dehydration, brain tumors, and more.
Common Headache Triggers
- Processed foods and meats
- Poor sleep patterns
- High stress
- Unhealthy diet
Headaches are common and can result from the smallest irritants. Although this pain can be frustrating, migraines are typically more painful. Let’s take a look at the symptoms of migraines and how you can look out for this painful headache.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain on one side of the body
- Throbbing pain in the head
- Increased sensitivity to light, sound, and smell
- Weakness or numbness
- Speaking difficulties
There are four different phases of migraines but not everyone experiences all four. These include prodrome, aura, attack, and post-drome. You may notice different headache symptoms throughout the phases, and fortunately, you can help relieve the pain that migraines cause.
Natural Headache Relief and Migraine Treatment
Headaches and migraines may be caused by different reasons yet you can rely on similar natural pain relief methods to ease either one. Terry Naturally is a popular brand for their well-known pain relief supplements. The best part? They provide natural formulas that are safe, effective, and ready to relieve the head pain you’re experiencing. Here are a few ways you can anticipate natural pain relief from headaches and migraines.
- Terry Naturally Curamin: This potent anti-inflammatory supplement combines curcumin with boswellia, DLPA, and nattokinase for enhanced blood flow and a less sensitive response to pain. Curamin is a pain relief supplement that you can rely on as a natural alternative to NSAIDs to help relieve your headache pain.
- Terry Naturally CuraMed 750: Another curcumin supplement, CuraMed utilizes curcumin to its greatest degree with an extra strength formula that brings superior antioxidant properties and inflammation relief . It brings your aching, throbbing head pains to a soothed and relaxed balance. This formula consists of just curcumin that fights cell damage caused by free radicals and protects nervous system health to ensure a healthy pain response.
If your pain is fairly new and too much to bear, consider reaching out to your doctor or naturopath to make sure there isn’t an underlying cause.
Low Back Pain
Your back is in pain and you feel at odds. Why? Well, this frustrating pain can leave us feeling helpless due to its central location, interfering with everything we try to do. Maybe your back hurts from bad posture or daily wear and tear, or you injured yourself exercising or doing yard work. Whatever is causing your low back pain, you want relief — and you want it fast.
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to relieve lower back pain without the use of conventional pain medications. Check out the best low back pain relief methods below, where we mention everything from stretches and supplements to the best healthcare specialist you should seek for this pain.
How to Relieve Low Back Pain
- Maintain good posture: This relaxes tension from your lower back that causes pain.
- Stay active, even when your body wants otherwise: This prevents the weakening of back muscles and spinal support.
- Stretch in the morning and throughout the day: Exercises like yoga and pilates strengthen your core to keep back and hip muscles strong and supportive.
- See a chiropractor: Chiropractors aim to realign the body to ease tension and discomfort. This 2017 study has proven that this is a powerful and effective method for low back pain relief.
- Supply your body with natural, relieving nutrients: Eat a nutritious diet and take dietary supplements to keep your nerves, muscles, and bones nourished for less pain and discomfort.
Low back pain is an unfortunately common health issue. In fact, it’s a leading cause of disability and over 25% of Americans struggle with it regularly. While pain relievers and other conventional methods are a normal go-to for low back pain, there are a variety of natural methods to relieve this uncomfortable and frustrating concern.
Stand tall, stay active, stretch regularly, and see a chiropractor to maintain a pain-free back. And when the pain is in your way of daily life, nourish your body with a natural pain relief supplement. Here is our favorite:
- Terry Naturally Curamin Low Back Pain: This extremely common pain causes immobility and discomfort. Luckily, Curamin Low Back Pain both nourishes the body and relieves it of the pain you’re experiencing by reducing inflammation and improving cartilage function between aching joints.
Pain doesn’t affect everyone with cancer, but it is common. If your cancer has spread or it’s recurring, you’re more likely to experience cancer pain. Depending on the type of cancer, where it’s located, which stage of cancer, and more, the pain can be different. It can take the form of sharp, dull, achy, constant, or intermittent, and it can range from acute to severe. You might feel at a loss if you’re struggling with cancer pain.
What Does Cancer Pain Feel Like?
- Nerve pain: This can feel like burning, tingling, shooting, or crawling under the skin.
- Soft tissue pain: This isn’t always an easy pain to locate but you might experience a sharp, achy, cramping, or throbbing feeling in general areas of your body.
- Bone pain: This can feel like a dull pain, constant aching, or a throbbing sensation.
- Phantom pain: This type of pain can be felt after a body part has been removed.
- Referred pain: This is a pain that is caused in one portion of the body but can be felt in another area. An example is a swollen liver that pushes on nerves that result in pain felt in the right shoulder, where the nerves lead.
If you’re wondering how to relieve cancer pain, we can offer you help. Fortunately, cancer pain is often manageable and there are natural ways to relieve the pain without causing your body any unpleasant side effects. Take a look below at our helpful list for cancer pain relief.
Cancer Pain Relief Natural Methods
- Relaxation techniques
- Getting enough sleep
- Acupuncture and massage
- Counseling and emotional support
- Trying natural supplements for pain relief
Maintaining a healthy mindset is an essential step towards achieving relief from cancer pain. Oftentimes, cancer pain becomes worse due to the brain’s role in sending and receiving pain signals. That’s why relaxation techniques and counseling can be some of the most effective methods to protect against cancer pain.
Additionally, natural pain relief supplements can be the extra boost of soothing relief you need to feel your best. While there are plenty of medications out there to relieve pain, providing your body with a supplement that comes from a natural source is the safest method. Here are some of the best nutrients for cancer pain relief:
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains the powerful curcuminoid curcumin, which plays a key role in reducing pain-causing inflammation. Include a curcumin supplement in your daily life to help relieve your cancer pain. Try Terry Naturally CuraMed 375! This natural pain relief supplement combines this impressive nutrient with an easily-absorbed formula so you can experience results right away.
- CBD: CBD (cannabidiol) comes from the hemp plant and is rich in soothing, relieving, and nourishing properties. It may be the nutrient you need for cancer pain management as it helps relieve neuropathic pain and alleviate nausea. Read on to learn more about CBD and its benefits in natural pain relief!
CBD for Pain Relief
Whether you’re suffering through a new injury or daily chronic pain, you want to support your body as you relieve your discomfort at the same time. NSAIDs and conventional pain relief aren’t always safe options due to the risks of long-term use. Instead, there are methods for natural pain relief that can keep your whole body in balance while easing the pain. If you’ve never tried CBD for pain relief, you’re in for a treat.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is derived from cannabis plants, which you may be familiar with due to their THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content. THC is responsible for causing a psychoactive feeling known as a “high.” While most states in the USA consider THC illegal, CBD is a legal substance found in cannabis that offers a variety of health benefits. CBD products are able to utilize the CBD found in hemp plants without a high content of THC so you can make the most of its benefits without ingesting THC.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD has recently been touted for its many health benefits! In our bodies, we have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that regulates everything from our sleep and immune response to appetite and even mood. We have cannabinoid receptors located throughout our entire bodies that play key roles in endocannabinoid system function. When we ingest CBD, it influences the cannabinoid receptors without directly attaching to them, helping to regulate each function.
Benefits of CBD
- Alleviates symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Enhances sleep for deeper, more restful sleep
- Assists weight management due to appetite control
- Balances mood and encourages a brighter outlook
- Helps treat addiction to opioids and alcohol
- Supports individuals with epilepsy
- Protects against neurological disorders
- Provides natural pain relief for chronic pain and discomfort
CBD can be used to treat a variety of health problems in addition to daily management. One of the most effective uses of CBD is its ability to relieve pain and discomfort. Let’s take a look at how that works and ways you can benefit from CBD for pain relief.
How Does CBD Relieve Pain?
A primary function of the endocannabinoid system is its role in pain regulation. In fact, it’s located throughout the entire body and in regions that are associated with the pain response. CBD impacts the CB receptors that assist the regulation of pain and the body’s natural pain response, which can calm and ease the sensation of pain we might be feeling.
Additionally, CBD offers a few other methods of natural pain relief. It is a natural anti-inflammatory nutrient. This means that the inflammation that is behind your joint aches and head pains can be eased with the help of CBD. Plus, it has antioxidant properties that protect cellular health throughout the body, in addition to its anxiolytic effects that alleviate anxiety which often makes pain worse.
Let’s take a look at a few ways you can utilize CBD’s powerful health benefits with the help of CBD oils, supplements, and topicals!
CBD Oil for Pain Relief
CBD comes in many forms, which makes it accessible to everyone. Oils, tinctures, gummies, capsules, and more — you can make the most of what CBD has to offer and enjoy it at the same time.
- CBD oil: This ultra-absorbable and highly popular method of ingesting CBD brings you the quickest results. And there are three different forms of CBD for you to choose from and to decide which one suits your body the best.
- Full spectrum CBD oil: This form of CBD contains all the cannabinoids from the hemp plant, including less than 0.3% THC. This provides the body with an “entourage effect” which refers to the synergistic ability of cannabinoids when they are combined for greater, more potent effects.
- Broad spectrum CBD oil: Similar to full spectrum, your body can still benefit from the entourage effect but broad spectrum leaves out the THC completely so you can avoid any potential effects.
- CBD isolate oil: Like the name suggests, CBD isolate is CBD on its own. This method is perfect for individuals who have a low tolerance for CBD and want to utilize the amazing health benefits that this one ingredient has to offer.
- HempLucid CBD Oil Capsules: Capsules are an easy and convenient way to achieve natural pain relief from CBD without having to taste it. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about measuring it out as each capsule contains a fixed amount of CBD.
- CBD gummies: Why not enjoy your daily dose of natural pain relief? CBD gummies are a delicious way to take CBD that still brings you the powerful health benefits you’re looking for.
Topical CBD for Pain Relief
Another way to employ CBD’s pain relieving benefits is through the use of topical CBD! Similar to the pain relief cream we mentioned earlier, CBD can be rubbed onto a painful area to target the discomfort. It then works through the skin’s surface to reach the CB receptors and relieve the sensation of pain.
- Medterra CBD Rapid Cooling Cream 250mg: This extra powerful CBD cream brings direct relief to your sore muscle or achy joint. Plus, topical CBD is an amazing natural pain relief method for individuals struggling with arthritis because it can help loosen up tight, painful joints.
Achieve Pain Relief the Natural Way
Whether it’s everyday aches or chronic discomfort, pain is pain and we want to relieve it! Fortunately, there are plenty of natural pain relief methods that can take the place of NSAIDs and conventional pain relief! You don’t have to compromise your health along the journey towards a pain-free lifestyle.
In addition to taking supplements for natural pain relief, remember that the strongest protection against health issues is the practice of healthy habits like getting enough sleep each night, eating a nutritious diet, and maintaining regular exercise.
Be sure to check out a health food store for more natural options to ease your health concerns and support your overall wellness!