If you're in search of a delectable and wholesome appetizer, your quest ends here with these stuffed mushrooms! These sumptuous treats are not just bursting with flavors but also low in calories, making them the perfect addition to your healthy diet.
The mushroom's tender and juicy texture complements the creamy and savory filling beautifully, while the crispy topping gives it an irresistible crunch. The best part? You can indulge in these mouth-watering appetizers without any worries, as each serving is loaded with nutritious ingredients.
These stuffed mushrooms are perfect for any occasion, from hosting a party to sharing a tasty snack with your loved ones. Also, with various modifications to the recipe available, you can personalize the filling to suit your taste buds. So why wait? Give this healthy twist on a classic favorite a try and impress everyone with your culinary skills!
Servings 10 Persons
Preparation Time 20 Minutes
Baking Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
Calories 75 cal
Protein 4 g
Carbs 7 g
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds medium-sized fresh button mushrooms (about 30 mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons whole-wheat panko, divided
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup), divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop.
- Cook chopped stems, garlic, salt, and pepper in oil until softened.
- Add 1/4 cup panko, cream cheese, parsley, thyme, and 2 tbsp Parmesan. Mix.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
- Dip the stuffed tip of each cap in the panko-Parmesan mixture and place it back on the baking sheet.
- Lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-22 min until golden brown and soft.